The Association for Specialist Fire Protection Ireland (ASFPI) is giving visitors to Facilities Management Ireland, Dublin an opportunity to question a range of experts from across the built environment regarding the specification, installation, inspection and management of passive fire protection.
The interactive question time event, to be held in the RDS Merrion Room from 10.30am-12.30pm on Tuesday 7th March 2017, will allow visitors to pose questions that may impact their business. A panel of experts made up of eminent specialists from within their industry discipline, will offer opinion and stimulate debate on issues that are of direct concern.
It is envisaged that questions will cover relevant topics including:
- The role of the Design Certifier as described in the recently updated BCAR Code of Practice
- The importance of Third Party Product & Installer Certification
- Ancillary Certification, what is required and who is competent to certify?
- Management & maintenance of installed passive fire protection
The panel will represent the views of the architect/designer; fire engineer; main contractor; passive fire protection installer; passive fire protection manufacturer; certification bodies; fire service; building control; facilities manager; insurer; and the building owner:
- Fire Engineer: William Ward, Arup
- Specialist Contractor: Dave Murphy, Fire Protection Specialists
- Fire Stopping Manufacturer: Carl Atkinson, FSI (ASFP Chairman)
- Certification Body: Peter Barker, International Fire Consultants
- Passive Industry: Niall Rowan, Association for Specialist Fire Protection
- BCAR Assigned Certifier: Conall Finn, i3PT Certification
- Building Owner: Aidan O’Connor, Health Services Executive
- Facilities Manager: Eyre Massey, Acacia Facility Management
This event is designed to be interactive. If you would like the panel to address a specific issue, you can submit your question in advance, to enable the panel of experts the time to consider their view.
To register for the event visit www.fmireland.com. For further details or to submit a question for discussion visit www.asfpireland.ie or email email@example.com
For more information, go to www.asfp.org.uk