Loss prevention data sheets now available in German, French, Spanish, Chinese and Brazilian Portuguese for free
FM Global, one of the world’s largest commercial property insurers and a world leader in fire protection engineering, is now offering its fire-related loss prevention engineering guidelines in German, French, Spanish, Chinese and Brazilian Portuguese to help companies better address the risk. These data sheets, which are highly regarded by fire protection agencies, architects, builders and property owners worldwide, were previously only available in English.
Available for download at no cost, the loss prevention guidelines cover such topics as automatic fire sprinkler installation, protection for hazards like ignitable liquids and combustible dusts and proper human element practices to prevent hot work-related fires.
These guidelines are an outcome of nearly 200 years of property loss prevention experience, research and engineering results, coupled with input from consensus standards committees, equipment manufacturers and others.
“We know from experience that sprinkler contractors, for example, from one European country are often commissioned to install sprinklers for companies with facilities across Europe. Having these FM Global data sheets in additional languages will support consistency and accuracy in implementing the recommended technical guidance,” said Ludger Tegeler, operations chief engineer, Frankfurt operations, FM Global. “We hope this new resource will support companies which have taken the positive decision to build resilience through fire protection.”
The following FM Global fire prevention data sheets have been updated and available in additional languages.
- 2-0 Installation Guidelines For Automatic Sprinklers – 119 pages
- 2-8 Earthquake Protection For Water-Based Fire Protection Systems –91 pages
- 3-7 Fire Protection Pumps – 45 pages
- 3-26 Fire Protection For Nonstorage Occupancies – 19 pages
- 8-9 Storage Of Class 1, 2, 3, 4 And Plastic Commodities – 89 pages
- 7-29 Ignitable Liquid Storage In Portable Containers 113 pages
- 7-32 Ignitable Liquid Operations – 63 pages
- 7-76 Prevention And Mitigation Of Combustible Dust Explosion And Fire – 48 pages
Human Element Standard
- 10-3 Hot Work Management – 30 pages
All fire prevention data sheets can be found on the FM Global website.