The recent domestic fire in a Nottingham tower block where Blueproof was fitted, activated successfully and saved the occupier’s pets.
Blueproof is a state of the art fire suppression device that can be fitted in minutes to most domestic central heating systems. The new technology is a co-polymer cone which simply attaches to the bleed valve of a domestic radiator. In the event of a fire, the surface of the hexagonal cone closest to the heat source melts to create a minute nozzle allowing the water from the radiator to spray towards the fire.
Additionally, consider the radiator to be a kettle and as it heats the water creates steam and this has the effect of reducing the temperature of the room and it scrubs the smoke which in many cases is the cause of fatalities in domestic fires.
In this recent fire, which broke out in the kitchen on the 10th floor, Blueproof had been fitted in 2015, well before the Grenfell Fire Tragedy.
The occupier of the apartment was understandably distressed with the fire; however, with no loss of life and his pets being saved, this shows the effectiveness of this simple new technology.
The cost-effectiveness of Blueproof is anticipated to be very well received and allow roll out to both private and public housing stock throughout the UK.
Where a home does not have a water-based heating system, Blueproof can be simply attached to domestic appliances or water pipes within the home.
- In official full-scale fire tests, lowered the temperatures by hundreds of degrees within 60-90 seconds of activation.
- Blueproof™ can be easily fitted in minutes by most DIY enthusiasts.
- Blueproof™ tests show that just a small quantity of water at the onset of a fire is very significant in slowing fire progress.
- Blueproof™ needs no power or testing. 50% of dwelling fire fatalities in Scotland during 2014 had smoke alarms fitted.
- Blueproof™ prevents “flashover” – making firefighters’ jobs much safer.
- Blueproof™ has been adapted to fit onto any domestic water supply, such as white goods.